7.14.2011

Does anyone else have these friends?

Making friends has never been much of an issue for me. I like meeting people and being in social settings. However, there is one friend that I am often accompanied by that I am not comfortable with. This friend is an empty and cold character, and only comes around when I'm experiencing some sort of loss. He comes in the form of pain in my chest, and he leaves making me feel alone and vulnerable. His name is heartbreak. Now some people do not believe in this man, but there have been numerous occasions where he has visited me. The most recent visits have been when I have lost someone, am going to lose someone, or am in the process of losing someone.

Heartbreak has a friend.... worrisome. They always come together. It's like they are like those women that cannot go to the bathroom unless their friend goes with them. Heartbreak is not always the leader though. He isn't always the one who brings worrisome with him. Sometimes worrisome is the outgoing one for the night, and heartbreak tags along for the ride.

Jessica Naegle is one of my very best friends. She is such an example to me, and she is one of those friends that pushes you to be better than you thought you could be. There were so many nights that we would sit together on her homemade quits, and talk until the early morning. We understood each other, and even with time apart we could still relate on so many levels.

My latest date with my two friends, heartbreak and worrisome, was when I got my most recent letter from Jessica who, at he time, serving in Thailand. She spoke of her adventures and how liberating life is. She told me how excited she was that I was getting married, and that she wishes that she could be here to help plan. Reading this is when heartbreak decided to pay me a visit. He comes in and makes me physically ache for my friend. He reminds me of how long it has been since I have been able to have this time with her, and then he tag teams with worrisome who continually makes me think that I cannot do all the things that I need to with out Jess. He makes me feel insecure and unsure about the future.

Now, I am not trying to be completely morbid and upsetting. I am simply trying to communicate this unsatisfying relationship that I have going with two complete strangers who make it impossible for my heart to heal. Although, these two "friends" of mine have taught me personal strength and how to feel complete joy. How does the saying go? Without pain there is no joy. So thank you heartbreak and worrisome. Thank you for coming and teaching me how to find happiness.

No comments: