7.29.2011

Maybe it's a sign

I often wonder if the occurences in my life are mapped out in a perfect
sequence that make up the course of each day,
or if these experiences are placed in
front of me spontaneously with
no succession whatsoever.

So I guess the question is....
Do I believe in fate?

There are so many instances in my life that I often say, "Maybe it's a sign..."
I drop my ring that I have had for years and think,
"Oh, maybe I'm not supposed to have that anymore,"
Is this really a "sign" that I am not supposed to have my favorite ring,
or is it just that I am clumsy and it is a pity that I lost it?

Okay, so I know this is not exactly a life changing experience
that could alter the course of my destiny but,
what if there was an instance that could change the course of your life?

What if there was a person, a place, a game, a plane ride,
or even just waking up that changed
something
that could have happened to you that day?
That changed what you wore, what you thought,
what you felt, what you did.

Is it fate?
Is my life already mapped out?
Am I making the decisions that I knew I was bound
to make before I chose to do them
or
does each day bring something new that
leads you down what could be many paths?

What do you believe?

No comments: